ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH, SAFETY, AND SUSTAINABILITY
Safety Policy Statement
AceCo Precision Manufacturing is committed to creating a workplace that is safe, healthy and injury-free. Our employees are our most valuable assets, and their safety and health is our first priority. Safety is essential to all business functions and is never compromised under any circumstance. Every employee has a responsibility to maintain our work environment including reporting hazards and working toward preventing accidents.
We will provide training, review our procedures, review accidents and maintain the equipment. In the event of an injury, we will actively work to return the employee back to work when medically possible. Our Drug and Alcohol policy will be strictly enforced with no exceptions.
We will provide support to our Safety Committee by providing them the time, employees and management commitment needed to reach our common goal of an injury free workplace.
Input Waste Reduction
- AceCo makes an honest commitment to reducing our impact on the environment by reducing inputs such as water, electricity, and natural gas.
- Xeriscaping of repair facilities at 800 W. Diamond St. in Boise, ID, 50% completed in 2011
- De-ionized (DI) water recycling plant at our 4095 S. Gekeler Ln. facility in Boise, ID, saves hundreds of thousands of gallons of water per year
- Roadmap for Continuous Improvement created annually and graded for performance against schedule and goals (PAS/PAG)
- Output Waste Management
- Machining Chips Recycling - largest recycler of aluminum chips in the state of Idaho
- Water - AceCo is working with local government entities to monitor constituents in our waste water to ensure compliance and reduce the need to haul water by truck to wastewater facilities, further lessening our environmental impact
Re-use and Recycling
- Wood Products: All crates and pallets are sent to local fiber reclaim facility
- Consumer Packaging: Aluminum, plastics, and paper products – recycling containers in offices and break areas
- Shipping Containers: Re-use shipping containers and packing materials when possible. AceCo also offers solutions for permanent protective containers for items which return to AceCo for repair as part of our on-going commitment to reduce waste